GEV Group Privacy Notice
The scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice covers how we handle your data from this website and within GEV Group. It does not include any website you have used to access this website or any website that you access from this website.
Under GDPR, we act as a data controller (make decisions) for your personal data that we collect and a data processor (process your data) or data controller for any of your data shared with us by a third-party.
This Privacy Notice applies to data that you have either supplied to us, we have collected or acquired from reputable and compliant sources.
Data that you supply to us
- This is personal and business information about you that you share with us through filling in online or offline forms, by email, through the post, on the telephone or by any other means. Verbal personal information that you give us consent to use, will have such consent confirmed back to you in writing.
- Most often, your personal information will include your full name, home and/or business address and/or delivery address, personal and/or business email address and telephone and/or mobile phone number.
- If you apply for a role with our organisation as an employee or technician, other personal data shared is likely to include your employment history, proof of identity, qualification checks, health information, banking details etc.
- Where you are sharing personal information that does not directly relate to you (e.g. your representatives that legally act on your behalf), you must ensure you have the consent to do so and have shared this Privacy Notice with that person/those people.
Data that we collect
- Website Usage Information – to better understand and continuously improve our service levels, our website uses Google Analytics to gather statistical information like how many people visit our website, how long they stay on our web pages. This information may include IP addresses used but, does not include any other personal data.
Information we receive from third-parties
- Business Partners – where we have formal relationships with business partners who may introduce new customers or sales opportunities to us, data would include personal contact details, information on the areas of interest and data required to fulfil a request, product or service
- References – new trading account, increase in any credit limits or employment opportunities with us may result in us taking out references from third-parties. This may be from compliant third-parties or from contacts that you introduce to us for this purpose.
- Social Media – where you have responded to a promotional item or offer from us through social media facilities such as Facebook, LinkedIn etc., we can receive profile information about you which can include your name, address, telephone number(s) and/or your business contact details. This information would be used to respond to your interest, to fulfil a request/order from you and/or to send you future information and offers, where you have given clear consent to do so.
- Publicly Available Information – we may personal information about you from publicly available sources. This can include your name, address and other publicly available information. As far as possible, we ensure that where any third-parties are involved in supplying such information, that they are compliant to do so.
- Other – from time to time, we may receive personal information from other sources. We will always endeavour to ensure such information is provided from reputable sources, who are compliant to do so.
How we use your data
- We collect data to help operate our business and deliver our products and services to you.
- Where you have completed a form with the appropriate consent or given us consent in another way, we will send you relevant information in line with the consent you gave us. This can include email, telephone and/or other communication methods;
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific contracting positions or to subscribe to our job alerts.
- To match your details with contracting vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your contracting experience (including sensitive personal information) to clients;
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
We will share personal information with the relevant agencies and without notice, where we are requested to or suspect fraudulent activities, money laundering, terrorist-related activities or where there is another legal requirement to do so.
We will keep and use your data in terms of any legal or regulatory requirements that we have and can use your data to protect our legal position, if legal action is required, including the recovery of any outstanding debts.
Our Standard Business Operations
- To provide the products, services and any other responsibilities that we contract to do so with you
- To provide you with information that you request from us
- To confirm your identity as a natural living person
- As part of our billing, payments and recovery processes
We may make credit checks with reputable agencies for the following reasons where new accounts are opened for the purposes of confirming your identity and your credit history.
Your data will be used for any legal or general statistical analysis. This usually will not include your specific data, although it will include you in number form (E.G. 121 people gave positive feedback). The statistical data used within our business helps us to judge performance and to make improvements to how we operate.
Any data about you that can be considered as sensitive (E.G. your politics, beliefs. medical information etc) will be processed by us only if contractually required.
Storage of Personal Data
The data you provide to us will be either securely stored and backed up within the EEA/EU or with a complaint Non-EEA/EU based supplier. Data may also be processed by employees who work for such suppliers.
We will take all reasonable actions to ensure any data processed outside of the EEA/EU protects your privacy rights and handles such data in a secure way. As part of you sharing your data with us, you are agreeing to such data being handled and cared for in this way.
Selling, Hiring or Transferring Your Data
We do not sell or hire your data or customer lists to any third-party.
We may share or disclose your data in the following circumstances if we buy, sell or merge any business or assets of that business and are required to share data as part of the buying, selling or merger agreement.
Once your data reaches us, we will use our strict data processes and security procedures to protect it. For any data transmitted to us and our website by you, before it reaches us, is at your own risk.
Timescales That We Keep Your Data For
The timescale for this will vary depending on the requirement. The criteria for this include:
- The reason we are using your data. We will keep the minimum amount of data required for that reason and for the timescale that that reason requires
- Legal requirements and where a minimum timescale is set (E.G. Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC))
We will keep your data for the term you have consented to, the contracted term between us or where there is a legitimate interest for us to remain in contact with you plus 2 years in case of any queries that you may have (E.G. copy of the original agreement) or for legally required reasons (E.G. HMRC), whichever is the longest period.
Your Data Protection & Privacy Rights
There are various rights that you have as a UK natural living person (individual) under the GDPR. Below are the abbreviated ICO definitions and include:
- The right to be informed - Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data
- The right of access - Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information
- The right to rectification - Individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- The right to erasure - The right for individuals to have personal data erased. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten. Please note this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing - The right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. Please note this is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances
- The right to data portability - The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- The right to object - Individuals have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
The full ICO rights under GDPR can be seen at the Internet link below or calling them on 0303 123 1113:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below.
Data Controller Contact Details
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other data protection queries, our Data Controller can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to GEV Group, Unit 23, Priory Tec Park, Saxon Way, Hessle, HU13 9PB
We would always welcome the opportunity to rectify any complaints that you have about your data and privacy held with us and can be contacted as shown in the ‘Data Controller Contact Details’ section above. If you would like to make a complaint to the ICO, their contact details are:
By phone - 0303 123 1113
Online - https://ico.org.uk/concerns
We are registered in the UK and our registered address is at Unit 23, Priory Tec Park, Saxon Way, Hessle, Hull, HU13 9PB and our company registration number is 09735090.
Write to us at our address above.
By telephone: 01482 300640
By e-mail: email@example.com